Mexican Chocolate Cake
Over the Summer I spend some time down around the Houston area, where my sister lives. One night we ended up going to a Basketball Banquet Dinner for my sister's husbands kids basketball team. Well that night one of the parent just happen to bring this amazing cake to the banquet. and soon after I found out what it was and just had to share it with all of you. Enjoy!
Active: 20 min
Total: 55 min
- 1 box (18.25 oz) devil’s food cake mix
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 jar (7 or 7 1/2 oz) marshmallow cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff or Creme)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. You’ll need two 8 x 2-in. round cake pans coated with nonstick spray. Line bottoms with wax paper; coat paper with spray.
2. Prepare cake mix as package directs, adding the cinnamon; stir in chips. Evenly divide batter into prepared pans; bake as package directs.
3. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes. Invert; remove pans and wax paper. Cool completely.
4. Frosting: Beat butter in a large bowl with mixer on medium until creamy. On low speed, beat in cocoa. Beat in marshmallow cream, then confectioners’ sugar. Increase speed to high and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
5. Place a cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting; top with remaining cake layer. Frost sides and top of cake.